Friday, June 22, 2012

End of the Line!!

     Ah, my last bittersweet blog entry. While i somewhat guiltily look forward to days of no homework ahead, I would be ungrateful not to use this post to appreciate what I just experienced. Interestingly, I surprised myself in this class. I began expecting to do only what I needed to pass, but as I submerged deeper into the curriculum I found myself caught up in it despite of myself. It allowed me to try on different personas. Instead of being someone who devotes herself entirely to the study of the violin, I realized I could be several someones at once. Now I am someone with a renewed appreciation of other arts, of math and science, of new media. I never thought of myself as a blogger, or someone technologically literate, but now I am those things too.
     In terms of technical skills, the increased amount of confidence I have in those areas is impressive. I feel so grateful to have been able to acquire these skills and now am much less intimidated to use them. Particularly, I feel my eyes were opened to the amount of cool things online I can take advantage of. I have no idea of the extent of material out there, but it is no longer a weird foreign world I will never discover. 
     Which brings me to my anticipated future. Although it would come as a surprise to me five weeks ago, I plan to continue exploring and enriching. Contemporary art, including new media is something that I always said I liked but didn't really know much about it. However, now with my renewed appreciation, I plan to use the rest of my summer to dive into exploration of new composers, musicians, visual artists, dancers and film makers. 
     I embedded my last video below, If anyone actually reads this blog, I hope you enjoy it and find as much inspiration as I have. 


No comments:

Post a Comment