Friday, May 25, 2012

success!

     Today's achievement: Computer Literacy!! in my past technological experience, I have a tendency to be a quitter. Generally when I can't figure out some computer program or another (which is often) I give up without really sitting with it or putting in much effort. However today marks a change in that pattern. Instead of trying, failing, and quitting while attempting to edit my photos and create gifs, I actually was able to sit down, go through the programs, figure out what everything does, and actually learn to use them. Even though the sites are pretty easy, designed for the laziest of american idiots (woah, green day reference), I still felt a sense of accomplishment when I beheld my finished product. (If you want to see it, check out the links posted below) 
     But how does this actually relate to composition? interesting question, one that I don't really have an answer to. Obviously I was composing in some sense, making artistic decisions about which filters and effects to put on my photos. And honestly, I felt pretty tongue-in-cheek witty and post-modern making those choices. One could argue that as I was using building materials in a specific medium (gif-making) putting something together, I was composing. And I think that's what I'll do.

No comments:

Post a Comment